Wednesday 10 April 2013

... became a gold statement necklace! (1)




Here’s what I made! To achieve a chunky look suitable for a statement necklace, I decided to use 2 cords and double up the hoops (I alternated threading the hoops in 3 batches:
1. through the 1st cord
2. through the 2nd cord
3. through both cords
4. repeat the above 3 steps
After I was done, it still looked like something was missing, so on the spur of the minute, I decided to add those 3 big teardrops :)
Quite pleased with this piece- overall difficulty rating I’d say is 2 (pliers are only necessary for basic manipulation of jump rings. Click here for projects’ difficulty guide). Hope you guys like it too! :)
I should have put on step by step photos as well as a picture of what the necklace looked like without the teardrops- a little lazy to undo it now- so will save that for the next project! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment